Subject: Re: GSOC application question

Re: GSOC application question

From: Michael Sevakis <jethead71_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 06:33:27 -0500

Dear Laszlo Szilagyi,

One item that has been discussed much is the implementation of a high
quality resampler for the Rockbox DSP. While the linear interpolation
algorithm is fast and perhaps nescessary to use in certain circumstances for
certain CPU-hungry codecs such as the SPC emulator, most find it less than
satisfactory in general for reasons I have no doubt you understand.

Rockbox needs a better resampler than that is both frugal on CPU cycles
(this can depend on the target's processing power) and qualifies as
high-quality output.

Your qualifications and interests indicate you would be a good candidate for
this project. It would be great if you would consider it as a possibility.

Sincerely,
Michael Sevakis (jhMikeS)