Subject: Re: Warranty void if seal broken
From: Christi Alice Scarborough (christi_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk)
Date: 2004-06-24

rinty wrote:

> I did some acting some years ago, and would love to use those skills
> to record voice prompts with accents. I've not heard Christi's voice
> yet, so can't judge that one.

My accent in ukspoken is probably what the BBC would once have described
as "received pronunciation", which for those of you not from England
means I sound like a posh southerner. Ah, the benefits of an expensive
education.

> Oh Christi, can you imagine your MP3 player speaking with a broad
> black country accent? or better still, a drunk Glaswegian.

I'm almost tempted to do a Brummie or broad Derbyshire voicefont just so
people can compare. As to broad Glaswegian, I'm afraid I have trouble
understanding it, let alone speaking it.

Christi