Subject: RE: Illegal instruction with jpeg viewer
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-05-19

> Nevermind. I think the picture was too big. I resized it to a smaller size
> and now I can view it. What is the max size of a pic for the viewer?

A side effect, you have re-encoded it without restart markers. The size
matters less than you probably think. It's limited by the available mp3
buffer which usually is ~1.6MB, depending on your max playlist and directory
settings. This is good for megapixel images.

Basically, you need space for the grayscale buffer (~30KB), the .jpg file,
and the decompressed image of your zoom level (one byte per pixel).

With my 8MB mod I can review the images of my 4 megapixel digicam in up to
1:1 zoom (~2MB filesize + 4MB image), but this is no fun, takes about a
minute to decode.

Jörg