Subject: Serial remote code "STOP" (0xC2) partially not working
From: Matthias Klumpp (Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-03-20

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to remote control the AJB (mine is a Studio 20) by a
self made uC software.

Hardware connection is done via open-collector to the serial data pin of the
headphones connector with negative logic.

Serial protocol is adjusted to 9600 Baud, 8 Data Bits, 1 Stop Bit, no
parity.

Some members were telling me the supported codes, that are:
Volume down = 0xE0, Volume up = 0xD0, Next = 0xC8, Previous = 0xC4, Stop =
0xC2, Play = 0xC1.

I'm sending these codes only once.

Everything is working perfectly, except the Stop command 0xC2.

While sending 0xC2 to the AJB in File Browse it goes one directory up, OK.
Means that the AJB is accepting the command and the transmission itself is
ok (as I supposed, because all other codes are working in all modes).

If I'm sending the 0xC2 stop command while a file is playing, the AJB does
not react.

If I have backlight dimmed down, I can observe, that the backlight goes on.
That again tells me, that the AJB is receiving data, but still does not
react.

I tested this with Rockboxx V2.1 and V2.2, but both behave the same way.

Does anybody have an idea how to solve this ?

Sent by: Matthias Klumpp
E-Mail : Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de