Subject: Re: Plugged in Car-charger - smoke out of my box - no charging
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2004-03-17

> Shoot, I just discovered that I used the wrong polarity....
> F**k, so I even can't blame the shop that sold me the charger.

I was expecting this. The DC/DC converter behind the plug is rated for max.
40V, you won't blow that so easily with overvoltage. From the schematics, the
(V1) Recorder could charge from practically anything that has a minimum
voltage. You could directly plug it to the car's lighter jack (not guaranteed,

What you probably need now is a MC34063A, that is the DC/DC converter and
regulator part. It is a SO8 package, still SMT but kind of large. Should be
easy to replace.

100% Virenerkennung nach Wildlist. Infos: