Subject: what happened to the fast startup from flash?
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2004-03-08

Things are getting worse over time...

Just checked again on my box:

- When I did my very first flash release, music resumed 3 seconds after
pressing the "On" button.
- The ATA init was not sufficient for all drives, Björn fixed this, which
brought the startup to 4 seconds.
- The 2.1 release takes 6 seconds, no idea why.
- The current build takes 8-9 seconds!

Some people reported that the disk is briefly spinned down again during
startup. I see this on an FM here, I'm not shure about my recorder. The noise
indicates there may be an interruption, but the disk inertia still keeps it

What has happened? I rolled back ata.c to the "Björn" change, but didn't
notice an improvement. It's probably some other initialization.

100% Virenerkennung nach Wildlist. Infos: