Subject: Re: V2 serial port?
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2004-02-27

> I recently purchased a V2 model and was disappointed to learn that it no
> longer supported a serial interface via the line-in jack. Is it possible
> to wire it internally? All references I have found seem to apply to older
> models.

Yes, you can do that. The FM (and V2) have 4-pin jacks. Everything is
prepared internally, it's a matter of adding/moving bridges and resistors. You'll
see when looking at the PCB. (Well, for the version I came across.)

The headphone jack can get the serial RX, the line in jack can either be
digital in or digital out. Default is digital in, iirc.

jetzt 3 Monate GRATIS + 3x DER SPIEGEL +++ +++