Subject: Re: (Re)Flash - I couldn't find it..
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-01-15

> I couldn't find a manual or something like it on the rockbox website. When
> flashed my rockbox I kept the important files, like it was written in the
> "flashing-manual".

The important file is "internal_rom_2000000-203FFFF.bin", the dump of your
unaltered flash.

> I want to reflash my Archos, because I want to test if the RLOD problem is
> happening with the original Archos Firmware, too. Afterwards I can flash
> it
> again or load the Rockboxx firmware again the old way.
> Is there a site with step-by-step instructions how to "re-flash" my Archos
> (I
> have the 20GB JBR)

The flash FAQ covers most of it, but some remarks:
There's several less radical possibilities than a full "flashback":
- rolo the Archos software
- use F1-start with no .ajz, brings you into Archos
- program Archos as the second software, too (no need to hold F1 then):
http://joerg.hohensohn.bei.t-online.de/archos/flash/archos_rec128.ucl

If you still want to bring the box back into the original state, copy and
rename your "internal_rom_2000000-203FFFF.bin" backup (make sure it's your
original, not the one from your friends' FM) to "firmware_rec.bin" in the root
dir of the box. Run the "firmware_flash.rock" plugin.

Jörg