Subject: Comprehensive Win32sim patch NOW AVAILABLE
From: BlueChip (
Date: 2003-12-26

Download win32sim_4-20031225.pat and place in /home/rockbox/source/ then
patch -p1 < win32sim_4-20031225.pat

Many thanks to all those who helped me overcome various hurdles and kept me
otherwise entertained whilst I was banging my head against chunks of it:
earHertz, Midknight2k, Sebulba, Linenberg ...and anyone who should have
been on that list and isn't know who you are :)

Now I have a working simulator ...expect more fun things soon :)

What is fixed?
o Build support for ALL Archos players
o MAS-3587 specific features
o Radio specific features
o .rock Plugin support
o .rockbox/*.CFG support
o .rockbox/*.WPS support
o .rockbox/*.FNT support
o .rockbox/*.LNG support

What is NOT fixed?
o Archos _Player_ screen display seems wrong to me.
o Both of these plugins fail with
   "Can't find entry point"
o RVF Video
o CH8 Chip8
o To play Sokoban you will need to create
   .rockbox/sokoban and place the levels.txt file
   in it.

New .rockbox Directory Support
o The "archos" directory is now called ".rockbox" for
   logical reasons.
o *.rock files and NOT compiled to ".rockbox/rocks" but
   instead, to the build directory.
   ...this is ONLY for simulation purposes

Browser Root
Browser root is the root directory of the Windows drive
on which cygwin is installed.

Report ALL successes and failures with this patch :)