Subject: RE: HD Problems
From: TP Diffenbach (rockbox_at_diffenbach.org)
Date: 2003-12-16

Sounds similar to my problem (although since I have Rockbox in flash, my
boot is faster, and my symptoms differ). The smart money (Linus) guesses it
is a short somewhere on the circuit board, or the board's connection to the
chassis.

I've sent mine to newmp3technology for repair; haven't gotten it back yet.