Subject: Re: What would you reccommend
From: David McIntyre (
Date: 2003-12-11

Check the archives of this mailing list. There is an outfit selling archos
flat-pack batteries. The pack is replaceable, but not with a higher capacity.
I'm getting 10-12 hours out of mine, so I hope this is enough for your
listening habits.
I can't attest to memory upgrades, as I've never done this. I don't see a
benefit to my listening habits. I listen to my FM Recorder about 2-4 hours a
day, and occasionally hook it up to a computer for 6-8 hours a day for file
access. I've had the odd day with 6-8 hours of solid listening, which finished
at about 30% charge, and the only time the battery has ever run out was when I
forgot to turn on auto shutdown after an update that modified the config file

On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 01:22:27AM +0000, C N wrote:
> I have wanted an archos player for a few years. Now I have the money to get
> one and an interest in programming for them. I'd like to get the recorder
> v2 unit or the recorder FM unit. However, both of these units seem to use a
> non-replaceable li-ion battery. Is this correct? If it can be replaced, is
> a higher capacity battery avalible. Also, can the memory be upgraded in
> these units as shown in the hardware mods? I appreciate your answers.
> Reguards,
> Chris
> Browse styles for all ages, from the latest looks to cozy weekend wear at
> MSN Shopping. And check out the beauty products!

David McIntyre
PGP Key fingerprint = CAB5 A73A 43FA 19E3 449D  20B8 25D7 FA84 8847 D6A7 for geek code, pgp key, etc.