Subject: Re: Panic -1222 after 45 minutes of recording
From: Garrett Derner (garrett_at_derner.com)
Date: 2003-12-06

Linus wrote:

>Tim Elliott wrote:
>
>> What would cause this error? Red light was flashing with "Panic -1222"
>> write error on the screen. When I played the file, it was only 45
minutes.
>> It should have been close to 2 hours.
>
>The hard disk failed to spin up. Could be a number of reasons, like
>battery problems, Red LED death related problems, etc.
>
>Did you have Disk Poweroff set to "yes"?
>
>Linus

Since I have been having the same problem ("Trouble recording on large hard
disk partition" 17-Nov-2003), I checked my Disk Poweroff setting. It was
set to "No". I tried recording and crashed -1222 after a few minutes, same
as usual.

(This time I saw it when it crashed. The red light stayed on about 15
seconds. I think the VU meters continued to work. I was able to turn on
the backlight with F2. Finally the Panic -1222 screen came on.)

So I restarted and changed Disk Poweroff to "Yes". Then I tried recording
again and it had no problem! I let it record for 14 hours, then finally I
pressed Off. Great!

So I am starting to suspect that maybe this Disk Poweroff setting has
something to do with the problem?

Garrett