Subject: Re: all flashed recorders, please reflash with my latest
From: Mat Holton (
Date: 2003-12-01

what's the point in the on+F3 unit-freeze function?

It all seems rather pointless to me. Did I miss a meeting?

-----Original Message-----From: claus <>To: <>Sent: 01/12/2003 12:47Subject: Re: all flashed recorders, please reflash with my latestFrom: "[IDC]Dragon" <>

> From where did you get that date? It should be yesterday's cvs status,

> unless I made another oops.

That was certainly me being still asleep this morning :-)

> It doesn't have a version label somewhere (actually, that's a good idea for

> the future), but you can check indirectly. If you hold F3 while power on, the

> unit should freeze because my minimon is started. The older bootloader

> ignores F3.

Tried this one ... the unit goes on ... green led ... no screen ... I guess that's called

freeze ... so I am up to date now ... :-D

Thanx a lot,

"Life's just a mood ring we're not allowed to see."

 They Might Be Giants.

Surface Inspection Ltd