Subject: Re: Is it impossible to replace the battery then?
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linus_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-11-28

Mat Holton wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Is it true that I can't replace the battary on my FMR then?

You can, if you find an equivalent replacement battery.

> Surely a mobile phone of similer dimensions output and whatever would do?

Well, the Archos battery pack is in fact two 1100mAh LiIon batteries in
parallel, giving you 2200mAh. If you find a similar design somewhere
else, that also fits in the jukebox, then yes.

> I havn't taken mine apart yet so I don't know if it is an Archos battery.

Yes, it is a custom made pack, that says "Archos" on it.

Linus