Subject: Re: Open source software for Archos Petition - please sign
From: Neon John (johngd_at_bellsouth.net)
Date: 2003-11-24

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 01:57:12 +0100, "roland" <for_spam_at_gmx.de> wrote:

>>In order of importance of getting the attention of the boss are the following:
>>Hand written letters.

>mhhh - we are in the "technical world" here -

Actually you're not. You're in the business world. Understanding the
difference is key to any potential success.

>i`m sure very few people would write a
>petition by hand...especially to a high-tech company.

Well.... do whatever you want. But when you figure out that what you did
didn't work, come back to this voice of experience. BTW, not a petition but a
letter.

If you do your research (yeah, that still impresses people) to learn something
about the business side of Archos, if you identify the key decision maker, if
you bother to learn something about HIM or her and if you write or type a well
worded, properly formatted and spelled correctly letter that makes a BUSINESS
case for open software, then and only then you might have a shot at effecting
change. Do anything else and you're wasting your time. And probably his
secretary, as he'll never see it.

John

---
John De Armond