Subject: Re: MPEG extraction?
From: David S. Geirsson (david_at_loesje.nl)
Date: 2003-10-10

Then again, some people use their Archos for general-purpose file
storage as well. For example, recently, I wanted to listen to a video of
Rammstein on stage (Live aus Berlin). This video was in an AVI
container, but the audio was MPEG-1 layer 3. It would have been great to
be able to listen to it on the archos directly (the video was already
there). However, it is true, that the SH-1 is most likely nowhere near
powerful enough to do so in real-time. What I did was use transcode to
extract the audio stream from the file (there was a tool with it,
"tcextract" or something similar.) This is an acceptable solution. Note
that I needed to use Rockbox's "rebuild VBR header" function, as the
player insisted that it was a 32Kbit/s file, so the one-and-a-half hour
performance was according to the player several hours. :)

* mrlipring <mrlipring_at_tiscali.co.uk> [Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 06:44:11PM +0100]:

--
David S. Geirsson
david_at_loesje.nl