Subject: nice little hardware tweaks for FMs
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2003-09-26

While I have that FM here taken apart (PCB rev 2.1), I had a look on the
wiring of the 3.5mm jacks. Maybe it has been stated before, but anyway. Both of
them are the 4 pin kind.
The pin which is additional to a stereo plug has S/PDIF input at the line in
jack, but this is internally prepared to be S/PDIF output alternatively, by
moving/changing one or two resistors. One is close to the mic, two are near
the MAS.
The 4th pin of the headphone jack can become the remote control input (like
for the player/recorder models) by closing a bridge near the jack. So FMs
could use the remote as well.

Jörg