Subject: Re: What would you get right now?
From: Neon John (johngd_at_bellsouth.net)
Date: 2003-09-17

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 03:30:53 -0400, Chris Holt <amiga2k_at_cox.net> wrote:

>Nomad Jukebox Zen NX
>the 20G is $250 at bestbuy and that makes it about the same price range.
>This is the second generation of Zen and improvements are fairly numerous
>(like the replaceable/swapable battery) for something Creative didn't do
>too badly with on their first shot. As always, Notmad Explorer is a
>necessary investment to avoid the heinous software that Creative tries to
>force on you. I bought it for my Nomad IIc and deleted the supplied
>monstrosity after about 5 min. of use.

Does this unit have any audio book features like "resume" and book marking?
About 90% of my listening is non-music so that is essential. Does this unit
mount as a USB hard drive like the Archos?

I think Rockbox is going to end up being essential so I'm going to be limited
to Archo products.

Thanks,
John

---