Subject: Re: Found good price on NiMh batteries
From: Neon John (
Date: 2003-08-22

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 10:36:25 -0700, Sharon <> wrote:

>I bought some 2200mAH NiMH batteries at what looks like a very good
>price and reasonable shipping here, in case anyone else is looking to
>buy some to make their Jukebox play longer.... (o:

That's high. Mr Nicad has 'em here:

for 3.50 each. He was selling them at the Huntsville Hamfest last weekend for
$12 for a 4 pack. I bought several. Sometimes you can call and get a hamfest
price. I have run a set through my battery tester and am seeing a little more
than 2100ah after 6 cycles. Within manufacturing tolerances of the ones you

BTW, I also bought several of thos little battery holders that are on the same
page. Very nice. A buck each at the hamfest. I like to keep sets of
batteries together so that all cells experience the same number of cycles.
These cases replaced the rubber bands previously used.

John De Armond
Cleveland, Occupied TN