Subject: Re: Rombox: won't charge when batteries are dead
From: Heikki Hannikainen (
Date: 2003-07-15

  If apps/main.c hasn't been changed lately, power_init() is called as the
very last thing during the init(). Maybe it would help, at least a little,
if it would be moved before ata_init(). I think it needs to be after
adc_init(). power_init() enables charging immediately if the battery level
is very low, so at least we'd have the external power connected to the
battery when the disk spins up. (I suppose ide_power_enable() is only
called at ata_init()).

  This might not be enough to spin up the disk from a completely empty
battery situation, but this should help a little.

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Johan Vromans wrote:

> writes:
> > I still vote for the charging screen.
> Why?
> In the _very exceptional_ case that Rombox cannot start, holding F1
> while inserting the charger plug starts the Archos charger, and some
> minutes later you can reboot.
> -- Johan

  - Hessu