Subject: RE: Digital Out & RCU
From: Andreas Stemmer (Andreas.Stemmer_at_web.de)
Date: 2003-06-03

> I recently connected my JBR20 to my HiFi (seemed like a good
> solution for a party)
> The sound quality is truly AWFUL!

I hava a JBR20, too, and I get a clean, good sound when I connect it to
my HiFi.
What were your sound settings? For a line input like your HiFi you need
a volume level of about 92 and more or less flat sound settings.

> There is a socket on the JB20 labelelled "digital in/out"
> ...so I plugged an optical cable into this socket to see
> if it would improve things (I suppose I am trying to
> bypass the internal amp). I got NOTHING out of this
> socket.

By using this socket you bypass the internal DA-converter and the
internal amp. But this digital in/out is not optical, it's electrical.
If you have no electrical digital in on your HiFi Amp, you'll need a
small electrical to optical converter box.

Andreas Stemmer