Subject: Re: Re: bug: playing back long recordings
From: Martin Borus (martin_at_borus.de)
Date: 2003-05-19

rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se schrieb am 18.05.03 23:11:16:

> Martin Borus wrote:

> If you want to ignore the VBR
> info (the Xing header) you simply will not be able to seek accurately
> within the file. That is what the Xing header is for.

This is true.

For my purpose being able to seek non-accurately within a file with
a broken/non existent VBR header (like it is possible with earlier versions)
is better the not beeing able to forward at all.

that's why I look for a way to manually disable the VBR header when I
know it's broken - or maybe for code that realises that an incorrect header
should be ignored.

> However, it should always display 0kbit/s when playing it. If it
> doesn't, we have a bug somewhere.

I agree on that :)

> If you want, I can create a standalone PC VBRFix application.

I've already seen another post in favor of this.
For me it would make sense if it removed faulty mp3-frames while
fixing and maybe even performs an optional reversable cut of the file.

Martin

UNICEF bittet um Spenden fur die Kinder im Irak! Hier online an
UNICEF spenden: https://spenden.web.de/unicef/special/?mc=021101