Subject: Re: File Sorting
From: Nathan Gray (
Date: 2003-05-12

No, but I do the following when I create playlists and then figure I need to
get access to them.
My hierachy is setup like this:

root - genre - author - album - xxx.mp3

After I created all the playlists I wanted, I created another folder off of
root called playlists. This folder looks like the following:
root -- playlists -- genre -- xxx.m3u
That way I can instantly change tunes when my mood changes.
I actually filled my 20b player with things so it took a while to create the
playlists. Mainly I created playlists of genres and have random mode on all
the time. Plus it makes people interested when you don't listen to the same
artists all the time.

So anyhow, do all the initial playlist creation on the recorder if you don't
like/use unix and then use the recorder connected to usb to concentrate all
the m3u files in the folder you make.

Hope that helped.

Jeff Waltzer said:
> Anybody know of a program to move playlists around that fixes the paths
>inside the playlist as its moved?

From time to time the tree of liberty must be refreshed.