Subject: ANNOUNCE: Rockbox "talkbox"
From: ds2list (ds2list_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 2003-05-07

I recently had a disturbing experience with my Jukebox Recorder.
I mostly use the Jukebox while I'm in my car, and operating
it usually requires looking at the screen to determine which folder
I am in. Recently, I nearly had a fender bender while trying to
navigate to a folder.

My solution to this problem was to implement "audio thumbnails" in
Rockbox. With this feature, when Rockbox enters a folder, it will
look for a file called .dirname.mp3, and if it finds such a file, it
will play it, therefore indicating the current browse location
without the operator having to use their eyes.

You can either create these folder name mp3s yourself and put them
in the appropriate folder, or you can press F2-> Record Thumbnail
while in the appropriate folder, to record it directly on the
Recorder via the Mic/Line-In jack.

I'd appreciate if you Rockboxers out there with Jukebox Recorders
could give it a try and give me some feedback.

Download the build at:

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/gsudindranath

-danan