Subject: Re: New Menu Design, Take 2
From: Stevie-O (stevie_at_qrpff.net)
Date: 2003-05-06

Jean Boullier wrote:

> Nice, but...
> 1. Although it's interesting to see the range of numeric settings
> recalled, the most interesting is the actual value and thus I would
> prefer to see it >before< the cursored graphic and not after (which may
> eventually be off screen depending on the current font)
> 2. Your displays of "LCD mode" and "Line selector" are wrong (inverted,
> pun intended). And it's too bad since it is so easy to quickly check all
> settings with your menu design!... In fact I think it is more useful for
> us who play so much with various levels, language translations and so on
> than for a "normal user" who would not change one's settings every now
> and then.
>
> Cheers. Jean.
>
> PS: Beware: if you use the inverted bar as the line pointer you might
> not notice the error since, in this case, it is not an inversion, it is
> always displaying "Bar (Inverse)".

Yeah, I just recently noticed that. I got confused because the arrays have the
'0' value before the '1' value (of course), yet set_bool_options passes the
"true" (1) string before the "false" (0) string.

Additionally, the Inverted Cursor is wrong because I screwed up the line
definition. The scheme works by referencing the variable in the menu
definition, and I accidentally referenced 'invert' (LCD mode) instead of
'invert_cursor'.

Oh, and another thing: I plan to make those sliders slightly more functional
than they are at the moment ;)

--
- Stevie-O

Real Programmers use COPY CON PROGRAM.EXE