Subject: Display powe usage impact
From: pyler_at_creamgravy.com
Date: 2003-04-17

I saw in an old post where this had been asked, but I'm not sure the
answer truly addressed the situation. The question is: How much impact
does active content (scrolling, progress bars, etc) have on power
consumption (in my case, on the recorder)?

The original reply focused on the power usage of the display itself, but
it seems to me the impact would stem from increased activity in the
processor(s) involved in computing the changes in the display required by
the activity, not the actual display of the data. Do three scrolling lines
deplete the battery faster than none? If so, how much more quickly?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Robert
pyler_at_creamgravy.com