Subject: id3 parsing bug? --- oh, and rolo's broken on the fm recorder
From: Nix (nix_at_esperi.demon.co.uk)
Date: 2003-03-15

At <http://www.esperi.demon.co.uk/nix/temporary/bug.mp3> is an MP3 file
with ID3 tags which get misparsed by Rockbox (from CVS as of 16:00
today) on the FM Recorder, but not, seemingly, by Rockbox on the
simulator.

The tags it's got seem to be valid (LAME wrote them, and Cedric Tefft's
mp3info can read them), but Rockbox on the Recorder reads the title
as

Sonate en la mineur, Daaaaaaaaaa (where `a' is a FEMININE ORDINAL
                                  INDICATOR, code point 170.

(instead of

Sonate en la mineur, D.845)

The tracknum is nil (instead of 4), and genre's changed from Sonata
(105) to Electronic (52).

Obviously there's a bug somewhere in the ID3-reading code (or in the
compiler, since this doesn't go wrong in the simulator...)

I'm not sure where yet; this is thrown out in the hope that someone
more familiar with this code can find it before I do. :)

The built-in firmware (v1.30j) gets this right --- although it's a
little hard to test because in the last day or so ROLO has started
claiming that all checksums are bad... strange, since the rolo code
hasn't changed for months.)

--
#ifdef USE_ISPTS_FLAG
		} else {	/* else pty, not pts */