Subject: ajbr20 behaviour with batteries
From: José M. Fandiño (ajbr20_at_fadesa.es)
Date: 2003-02-17

Hello,

 I brought an AJBR20 one month ago, but before returning it,
I want to ask there first because I think that this is the
best place to find archos experts :)

I know that the AJBR20 consumes batteries while it's connected
to the power adaptor, so while searching for the cause of some hangs
I noted that when the batteries are low ( <5% ) the AJR spinsdown
its HD (I can even hear the disk stop) and the operating system
is unable to use the device.

Under FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE the access to AJBR gives me a timeout
and with GNU/linux 2.4.20 I get a kernel panic.

So my supposition is that the rate of power consumption is superior to
the charge rate and after several hours of use (I have USB 1.1) is
the AJBR no longer maintains the necessary voltage and spinsdown
the disk.

What do you think? Is this possible? , I didn't find any comments
about this in the archives list?