Subject: some Ideas about Batteries in Powermanagemant
From: Holger Lembke (holger_at_hlembke.de)
Date: 2003-01-19

Hi

Ok, the story. My AJBR has a distracting capacity display. If I start using
it, it has 100%. Then the capacity display drops rather fast to something
around 60%. It falls slowly to 40% and 30% sometimes comes back and than
quickly falls down to low percentages and my AJBR stops working.

After looking at
http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~usng/rockbox/ladeverfahren.html and
looking at 'static int percent_to_volt_decharge[11]' I think it is easy to
see why it is this way.

The voltage values simply dont give the resultion to get a better idea
about the capacity at the flat part of the discharge curve.

If this is right, could there be a better way of showing the capacity?

Is it possible to calculate it by runtime? Simply have a thread that
checkes the on/off state energy consuming items (hdd, backlite etc), knows
the drain and capacity and does some math?

Or use the history (that from charging) for a better calculation?

Any ideas?

--
Holger Lembke    Keep your Mailbox SPAM free:
+49-531-334676   Disruptor OL http://hlembke.de/dol/