Subject: Re: ROLO / two-stage booting for rockbox
From: roland (for_spam_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2003-01-18

Hello Uwe,
> r> The user could comfortably choose between different OSs (Rockbox
> r> Version X, CVS daily Build Y,
> I (personally) don't want to press additional keys or wait additional
> time.
This is why I thought of this being an "option".
I did not say, that it shouldn`t be possible anymore to load Rockbox
directly.

> r> Currently, when I want to boot original Archos Firmware or other
> r> Rockbox Version, I need to boot rockbox, browse rootdir and find the
> r> appropriate file - this takes some time because I have lots of
> Hm. Loading Archos Firmware? Why would anybody do this? ;-))
For looking at it and laughing :D
(and for using features, which aren`t in rockbox, yet)

regards
Roland

PS:
The user could be "warned" from 1st Stage ROLO if he wants to load archos
original firmware.
(Are you really shure???)
;)