Subject: lcd_clear_display and lcd_stop_scroll
From: Kjell Ericson (Kjell.Ericson_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-01-14

Hi,

If you today do a lcd_puts_scroll() and have a text scrolling or being paused.
A call to lcd_clear_display() will keep that text scrolling or paused.

This can't be the intention with lcd_clear_display(), or?

I belive it shall clear the display and stop+clear all scrolls.

If the scroll is paused before a call to lcd_clear_display(), the text will
also appear suddenly at a call to lcd_stop_scroll(), lcd_stop_scroll_line() or
lcd_scroll_resume().

The question is if anybody uses the "feature" I described. If so then I adapt
my new code to it, otherwise I change lcd_clear_display() and test if anything
looks affected.

  // Kjelle

ps. Long live the simulator!