Subject: Old LCD in new player?
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2002-08-13

I got a very interesting message:

-----

Interesting occurrence: I have a 6000 player with 5.06 ROM firmware
(which I also installed version 5.07a from Archos) so I downloaded the
Rockbox 1.2 mod file under the heading of "player" which says "This version
is for Archos Jukebox 5000, 6000 with ROM firmware 4.50 or later..."
After I installed it on my AJB (and renamed it appropriately), the AJB would
not boot up. So out of curiosity, I downloaded the file under the heading of
"player-old" which says "This version is for old Archos Jukebox 6000 models
with ROM firmware older than 4.50". I placed this mod file onto my AJB and
it works flawlessly. Does this make sense? BTW, the same thing happened to
me with your version 1.1

-----

It would appear his version 5.06 player uses the old LCD controller! His unit was manufactured 0147, a suspiciously old unit for that high a ROM version.

Has anyone else seen this? The manufacture date is found in the first four digits of your serial number.

--
Björn