Subject: Re: Playlist problem
From: Doug (
Date: 2002-07-31

Yes, I have the exact same problems, although I don't know about putting dates on it. Load times and seek-commands are slow, particuarly on playlists, and I had the same problem with not advancing to the next song, even when I request "next song". But the problem corrected itself when I quit the playlist and began it again. To make things unpleasant, it has only happened once or twice, and certainly not every time I've run playlists.
Other unrelated bugs I just discovered:
1) ID3 info is almost always not displayed when elements are missing (ie "album"). I found one exception, which I can't understand.
2) I keep getting "End of Song list - Press on to continue" messages when I run certain songs. This happens with the first 2 consecutive songs in a directory, and then goes away if I play a different song in that directory and then try one of the first ones again. (it did happen with the 3rd and 4th songs once but I can't explain it)
 Brian King
wrote:I've noticed that somewhere after the 07/22/02 CVS build that playlists
haven't been working very well for me any more. I loaded 07/30/02 on
tonight and found that when I tried to play a playlist that it played
the first song over and over rather than advancing to the next song. I
use playlsts that have entries something like:

Also, it seems as if the time required to start playing a given song is
longer on builds after 07/22 (I haven't tried every build, that was just
the last build that worked pretty well for me...)

Anyone else see this?

Do You Yahoo!?